Green Solutions for your Home & Business
ProTech Services has been green since inception. We are committed to be a positive impact on our environment by offering products and services that are environmentally friendly. What does GREEN mean? We service many customers in many different counties so we believe that with our conservation efforts we can make a difference in our environment. ProTech offers a state of the art energy audit for your home or business. We strive to influence and inform our customers on how their systems can be more efficient; saving them money and helping our planet at the same time. Learn more.
We are committed to conserving water. We do so by repairing broken water pipes as soon as possible, this is our 24/7 guarantee. We also are dedicated to maintaining a clean water supply. We want to ensure that sewage is contained during the replacement of systems and we work fast to ensure that a spill is contained in a timely manner. This is very important to the health of our ground water and thus our drinking water, streams, lakes and rivers. Our team at ProTech employs new products to reduce water consumption and leave a smaller foot print on our earth.
Our ProTech Air team is committed to conserving energy. We have been installing new systems with state of the art efficiency measures since we began! Our teams recommend products that are Energy Star rated. These will increase efficiency, but also save your family money. Our whole house approach will result in increased efficiency which means energy savings. Efficient heating and cooling are a large part of the solution to reduce green houses gases and reduce your carbon footprint.
We have earned accreditation with the BPI Institute through the Southface organization in measuring energy consumption of building envelope by testing and implementing solutions to conserve energy making you home more efficient which will save money and protect your home.
How can you make a change today?
- A leaking or "running" toilet can waste 200 gallons of water a day. That's 73,000 gallons a year, or enough to fill four in-ground swimming pools!
- Test your toilet for silent leaks by dropping a few drops of red food coloring in the tank. Wait fifteen minutes. If the water in the bowl has turned red, you have a leak.
- ProTech can fix any leaking toilet but if you're a do-it-yourselfer, try replacing the flapper valve. This will fix most toilet leaks.
- Don't leave the water running in the sink when washing dishes by hand.
- Only run the dishwasher when it is full of dishes.
- Repair dripping faucets. They're costing you money and a faucet dripping once per second wastes 3,000 gallons per year!
- Check your water meter before and after a two-hour period when no water is being used at your home. If the meter registers any water usage at all, you've got at least one leak, probably more.
- Pay attention to your water meter and your monthly water bill. A family of four shouldn't use more than 12,000 gallons of water per month. If the usage is much higher than that, the house probably has some major leaks.
- When watering the lawn reduce water evaporation by watering early in the morning or late in the evening.
- If your sewer is leaching raw sewage into the soil, it could potentially cause ground water contamination and other environmental hazards. If your sewer pipes aren't made from PVC / plastic, chances are, they could be leaking. If you've ever had tree roots invade your sewer line, then the pipe has voids that could allow sewage to leach into the surrounding soil.
- ProTech can inspect your sewer with a digital in-line video camera and tell you whether your sewer line is leaking. Our service technician will also provide repair and replacement options.